Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Where has the Summer Gone?

I just realized that my summer is pretty much over! The last month and a half has gone by so quickly that I don't even know really where to start.  I did go back to work back in the beginning of August. I had worked about 2 weeks and then I had to go back to Hawaii for my grandmother's funeral.  I literally feel like most of the end of my summer has been flying back and forth from Hawaii.  I guess that's not something I should be complaining about, but it is when part of that is flying all by myself with all 3 of my kids (I'll never do that again lol).  Well in all that has been happening and all the trips we've taken in the last month, I haven't had a chance to really update you on anything.

First off, my Baby Hinckley is now 2 and a half months old.  A few weeks ago he had his 2 month appointment with his Pediatrician Dr. Vierra at Hillcrest Pediatrics.  He also received his first set of shots, which he handled like a champ! At his appointment he weighed in at 14 pounds, and measuring ... hmm I forget but I'll get that piece of info for you when I can. ;) But he's a pretty big boy, I don't remember either of his brother (Moe) or sister (Kesaia) weighing that much at their 2 month appointment.  Breastmilk must be working for him this time! ;)

Asleep and waiting to see Dr Vierra

Right before getting his shots

Extra cuddles and hugs the rest of the day after getting his shots
My little trooper!
In other news, I'm glad to saw that our son Moe is FINALLY potty trained! Woo-hoo! It was such a struggle at first, but I'm glad we pushed through and got him trained.  I first started training him as soon as we got back from Hawaii (the first time). It was frustrating because he only had accidents for the first 3 days.  On the fourth day, when we weren't harassing him as much, he woke up and said "Mom, I go mimi ok?" (mimi is tongan for "pee") And so when he said that I said "Ok Moe.. go" not thinking he'd actually go in the toilet, then I heard him going so I jumped up looked in the toilet and I swear, I never thought I'd be so happy to see pee in the toilet. lol.  I just started jumping up and down, and cheering for him and telling him how happy and how proud I was of him.  Then we call his Aunty Mele (he calls her "Lele") and let her know, then called Nana (my mom) and let her know also.  His treat for doing that was getting him some spider man underwear's and he LOVED IT! It took a little bit longer for him to get going #2 in the toilet, but now a month later he's doing awesome.  I've only had to deal with him wetting the bed once at night, but I'll take it all over diapers any day!

Happy to be a big boy and wear underwear! No more diapers! :)
When I first started potty training Moe, I was also trying to potty train Kesaia at the same time.   I quickly stopped that and decided to them one at a time.  So today I've officially started potty training with her.  I hope that she picks up quick on it because she's gotten to see her brother go through it, so let's hope it's a lot smoother than the last time.  I've already prepared myself to deal with accidents for the first couple days, but we'll see where she is at the end of the week.


 So as far as our kids are doing, they are growing up, they are full of energy, and we definitely love them!

1 comment: