Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Busiest Summer of my Life! lol ;)

This has been the busiest summer EVER! Since we've been married I never worked until about December last year, and even so, I was only working 11 hours a week.  Then in May I started at Delta working full-time! (I feel like I've explained my life already..well about this.. ah, ainokea! lol) That alone has put me into retirement mode (for real).  It's coming home late at night (11:45ish pm) then getting the kids into bed by 12:30-1am (cause yes they wait up for mom most of the time), then waking up when I feel like it, trying to get the house cleaned, and attempting cook "dinner" though it's barely lunch time then off to work by 230pm to start it all over again.

Lately it's been overwhelming because I've had to do some serious RE-scheduling.  When I got hired on to Delta, it was for a seasonal position, and it was to end on August 31, 2011.  So I schedule my classes around that, thinking all would be well.  I'd start school today (on Aug. 24) do them in the morning, and then work in the evening.  Well, luckily we found out that we were gonna get hired on more permanently as a ready-reserve ticket counter agent.  I was happy, VERY happy, but the reality of it set in, that I would have to miss two weeks of school, which one of my teachers was fine with, but my teacher was not having it.  He basically said if I missed tests, then I miss them. No good.

So instead of taking two online classes, and two on-campus classes on MWF, I've had to change it to taking 3 online classes, of which 2 are "waste-time" classes (as in I don't really need to take them right now, but I am just so I could keep it full-time), then I have another class that starts later in october, and then I've added on an extra exercise class, cause I mind as well get a grade for it to keep me motivated lol.  I just feel like everything's a little chaotic right now, and all because I'm accommodating my two weeks of training, and my work schedule.

So as of right now, I feel like we need to run away somewhere.  The last of my family left yesterday, and   so the convenient "just-in-case" babysitter/visitor is not here anymore, and so it's putting a little stress on me.  I actually woke up at 645am and dropped my 8am Math class, that I need for my major, because 1. I didn't have a babysitter to watch my kids, and 2. my math teacher wasn't being very flexible with me and it was either risk missing two weeks and possibly not passing, or just going majority online and passing. So though this semester we're probably only taking one class that we actually need towards applying for the nursing program, I accept it because I know it'll be worth it once I get trained (starts next monday) and then I go working 40 hours a week to 16 hours a week.

So STRESS is my name today, but it'll be fine.  I'm looking at the positive, not the negative, and in a few weeks from now things won't seem as busy and stressful, hopefully. :)


1 comment: