Today was sooooo hectic, well I guess it wasn't too bad now that we're home and the kids are knocked out. But man oh man, I should say yesterday was sooo hectic. I had 9 hours of training for my new job as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor at the Rose Park WIC clinic (like I mentioned previously).. and I was able to take Kesaia with me. And she was REALLY good, like seriously my daughter is the best! she slept for the first 2 hours of training, then she was up for a probably an hour and a half, and though she was up she was content in just sitting there with me playing her toys. Then she fell back asleep for about another hour before lunch break. So then at lunch I decided to drop her off with her daddy because she had a cough going on, (I'll get back to that). So yeah, all went well with the training. It got me thinking about pursuing becoming a International Breastfeeding Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). I researched about it, and it seems like a lot of work, and I believe I still would get my Bachelor's in Nursing and then work on becoming Certified as a Lactation Consultant, but I'm not too sure. Either way, right now I think that's the way I want to go.
So back to Kesaia and her cough. She hasn't been sick at all this whole time, but at my training I started to notice that the both of us, not just her, were like coughing, a lot. You know of those irritating coughs that got you coughing every what, 10 - 15 minutes?? So yeah, I took her home at lunch time because 1. I knew the rest of the mother's were probably like "How you gonna bring your sick daughter to work?" though really I didn't even know she had anything goin on with her and 2. I needed to concentrate on my training. So I dropped her off and finished off the rest of my training. Last night I noticed that baby Mo had the same thing going on. So I took them both to their pediatrician, Dr. Virginia Vierra (at the Intermountain Hospital on 54 and State, btw, she is WONDERFUL with kids, and if you want a doctor who encourages breastfeeding, then she is perfect for that too!) She checked Kesaia and she's ok, baby Mo on the other hand has an ear infection and he's congested and yeah, just not 100%. She has him on an asthma inhaler and an antibiotic for his ear infection. It just sucks because it's like baby mo always has something goin on with him. I can seriously name all the sicknesses he has had starting at 8 months.
So around 8 months, he had an ear infection, which got better with the amoxicillin, but then he was allergic to the amoxicillin (he had a rash all over his body) so then he was off of that. By the time he recovered from that, he got sick again, but this time worse. He had bacterial Pneumonia (he was in the hospital for 2-3 days) then he came out of the hospital with an I.V. line in his arm that we had to still give his antibiotics to him through for the following 2 weeks. After he recovered from that, he had a stomach flu. He recovered and was ok for a few months. He got pink eye (while we were in Hawaii back in August) but before his pink eye he had a sinus infection (which I didn't know about :s) so once he got the pink eye it was bad, like it looked like someone punched his eye.
He was put on antibiotics for 14 days.. He recovered, but then they thought his eye was going crooked, but it wasn't he was ok after seeing an eye doctor. Then he was still under the weather, so the doctor gave him 21 days of the same antibiotic to clear up everything. And he wanted to do the whole lab test on his blood just to make sure that his immune system was ok, and working fine. I was worried sick, you don't even know. I watched My Sister's Keeper, and I was like oh no, not my son please! (Yeah talk about paranoia!) I got a call the next day from his pediatrician who said everything looked good, but that his iron was still a little low (oh right, did I mention that, his iron gets low also.. he has to take iron supplements). So because his iron was a little low she said to keep giving him the iron supplement and it should correct itself over time. But now he is sick again, or maybe it's just that he has never FULLY recovered. IDK. I'm hoping that the asthma medicine will clear up whatever is going on in his lungs. I mean overall he's still a happy playful boy full of joy and life, and supersonic energy, but I just hope whatever bad mucousy monster is in him it will go away. Love my children!
No comments:
Post a Comment