Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

For Thanksgiving this year, we were so happy to have my sister here to spend it with us.  Mele flew up and spent almost 2 weeks with us, which seemed like a lot of time at first, but it flew by way too quickly!  I was glad she was there with us, because at the time Fehi was going back and forth from Salt Lake to Pocatello, so I was getting quite lonely.  While she was there we just pulled the futon mattress into the living room, grabbed the TV from downstairs and made our bedroom in the living room in front of the TV.  Every morning, day, and night if we weren't out and about we were just chilling and watching movies, eating junk.



A few days before thanksgiving I was looking online for some activities to do with the kids, and luckily I had found that Discovery Kids (at Gateway Mall) had a canned food drive even that you could get in free with 2 canned foods, or non-perishable foods.  We spent about $10 on canned foods at walmart, and then went over to Discovery Kids and got in free.  It's normally like $8 (I think) for normal admission, which I would NEVER pay for, so I was happy that we caught this deal.   The kids had lots of fun, but as you could imagine it was full of kids!









Thanksgiving day we spent with both sides of our family.  We had lunch with my mom's sister, my Aunt Paea (in Saratoga Springs).  There we got to eat basically a traditional thanksgiving meal.  It was so delish, I'm pretty sure I fell into a food-coma not too long after the first serving. :)




Later that evening we headed over to my dad's brother, my Uncle Feleti and his family's house in Orem, where we got our Tongan food! After eating we played games (heads up, dots, etc.) and it was so much fun.



Unfortunately Fehi wasn't home in time to spend thanksgiving with us, but he did get home later that night.  The next day we met up again with our Manu cousins for our little niece Ana's birthday.  They had a birthday party for her at Classic Skating in Orem, and it was super fun.  The kids got to go on the bouncers and also skate, or in Moe's case- ride the scooter.  They even got a few tokens to play games at the end.  It was lots of fun, for both the kids and adults (as we skated as well), but I was excited to have Fehi home and enjoying fun-time with the kids. 





A few days before Mele left back home to Hawaii, she was in for a surprise when it snowed! We let the kids go out and play, and she went out with her slippers and big korean blanket just for quick picture.  We had lots of fun having her visit us, and I know the kids and I were sad to see her go. We can never get enough of our family. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment