While in Hawaii we did the usual- eat, sleep, and play. It was just nice to be home and having the extra help that I did. The kids got a bunch of candy for Halloween, and they got to go trick-or-treating with their Aunties Ila and Mele, and with cousin Liam and his mommy. Overall, we had a blast, and I think we'll be doing this more often.
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
October 2013 - Halloween in Hawaii
I thought I'd blog specifically about our Halloween last year because for the first time we were able to spend Halloween at home in Hawaii with my family. I've always wanted to take my kids home for Halloween because it's so much more different trick-or-treating in Hawaii than it is Utah, weather being the biggest factor. Before going to Hawaii, we did plan some activities with Fehi, as we knew he wouldn't be able to come with us to Hawaii. First we had to go shopping for their costumes. We decided to hit up all the kid-to-kid stores first so we could buy them cheaper costumes. And I'm so glad we did. Moe wanted to be a batman, and we found a costume for him there for less than $10 (I don't remember the exact price), all we had to get was his batman mask. Kesaia, of course, wanted to be a princess, and we found like 3 princess dresses for her, and because they were all so cheap we just got them all. Bubba's costume, we scored because we got the whole pirate outfit and accessories for less than $10 as well. We attended a trunk or treat with our in laws one night, and another night we met up with my cousins at Gardner Village (favorite place to go during Halloween) and we saw all the different witches, and watched the witch parade. The kids loved it, even though it was so cold!!
A few days later my mom came and met us in SLC so she could fly back to Hawaii with Kesaia, which was a first for all of us, because I've never let any of my kids fly without me. But I was glad to let her go because that was one less child to fly alone with. Kesaia surprisingly was excited and was ready to go. She said bye to me like it was nothing, and she was definitely spoiled the whole time she was away from us. We missed her, but also was happy she got to go earlier and spend time with my mom and them. When it was time for me to fly with the boys, I thought it was going to be a breeze. Boy was I wrong lol. I'm pretty sure Bubba knew what he was doing because he would wine and cry when we sat down, cause he knew I'd get up and carry him. Which is what we did almost all flight. Thank goodness the flight from Honolulu to Salt Lake City are red eye flights, cause I didn't have the same problem again. :)
While in Hawaii we did the usual- eat, sleep, and play. It was just nice to be home and having the extra help that I did. The kids got a bunch of candy for Halloween, and they got to go trick-or-treating with their Aunties Ila and Mele, and with cousin Liam and his mommy. Overall, we had a blast, and I think we'll be doing this more often.
While in Hawaii we did the usual- eat, sleep, and play. It was just nice to be home and having the extra help that I did. The kids got a bunch of candy for Halloween, and they got to go trick-or-treating with their Aunties Ila and Mele, and with cousin Liam and his mommy. Overall, we had a blast, and I think we'll be doing this more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment